Traditional insurance is an opaque system where you don't know how your insurance claim is being decided and that Daoinsure is trying to solve this by forming a Decentralised Autonomous Organisation for insurances where the process is completely transparent since other dao members decide if your claim should be processed based on information you've provided. DAOInsure is fully hosted (decentralised) on Fleek. Link here DAOInsure
As our first proof of concept, we've created an insurance policy for farmers but we plan to extend this concept to other insurance types as well. Crop damage is a common concern for farmers due to natural disasters such as floods and droughts.
- At DAOInsure, the members of the DAO decide whether a claim should be reimbursed or not.
- To become a member, the participant has to stream 10DAIx / month to DAOInsure.
- Superfluid for the streaming functionality so that members aren't burdened with paying premium upfront. Once a participant starts a stream, the DAO streams back $INSURE DAO tokens
- Every DAO member has a voting power based on how long they have been with DAOInsure.
- The voting power is used to decide whether a claim should be reimbursed or not.
- The members are incentivised based on the participation in the DAO, like voting.
- We use StakeDAO strategies to earn yield on the deposit.
- To provide evidence to the voters, we fetch weather data on-chain for the date of incidence using Chainlink Oracles.
- The voters can communicate with the claimer to ask for more evidence using the Chat feature powered by Textile.
- Claimers can also upload media like(incident images, videos) to support the claims which are stored to Slate.
- We are also showing real-time analytics for overall DAO such as how much funds are being streamed to the DAO by which DAO members using The Graph, indexing the Superfluid subgraph on Polygon Mumbai testnet.