The problem SwiftGate solves
One of the consequences of the growth of Ethereum is that more and more chains are being deployed and used. This causes fragmented liquidity, with users having their assets in several chains. The solution is bridges, but bridges right now are not the most cost effective. To tackle this, we provide a much cheaper solution and easy way for users to bridge their assets, making the future transitions between different chains much easier and cheaper.
Challenges we ran into
- The faucet for testnet AAVE tokens was not working (faucet was empty)
- Taiko does not have the CREATE2 deployer, which made us change slightly the architecture.
- Was not able to verify smart contracts on Taiko testnet
- Taiko bridge not working, lost 0.5 sepolia ETH and did not get the funds in Taiko
- Mantle RPC-URL does not support ethers.js contract.on(), returns "Filter not found"
- Mantle block explorer does not show contract code if the contract is created in an internal transaction (for example in a constructor)
- Mantle does not have the CREATE2 deployer, which made us change slightly the architecture.
- Uses legacy EIP-1559 for fee market gas estimation -> foundry deployment script needs to be modified from other chains