The problem SuperStream solves
Problems with centralized creator platforms.
The main problem with centralized platforms like Youtube, Twitch , etc. is that the content is not owned by the creators , rather it is owned by the company and also they take a huge chunk of revenue as commission . They also can block or suspend your channel or content as they please or from external pressure from government . As an example Youtube recently blocked news channel WION for reporting russian statement .
Superstream is a fully decentralized live streaming and creator platform on polygon where users can watch / create livestreams , send/receive tips , subscribe to their favorite creators , etc.
- All users get a profile nft associated with their Superstream Account.
- Can mint and publish recorded live streams as nft .
- All data stored in ipfs or blockhain.
- Send or receive tips directly into your wallet in MATIC.
- Innovative Subscription plan , only pay for every second that you are subscribed ( using superfluid protocol ).
- Live Chat and Comments.
Technologies Used in the project
- This project is built on POLYGON , currently deployed on Mumbai testnet.
- Leverages Livepeer transcoding and cdn services for streaming and recording stream.
- IPFS & Filecoin , all the profile pictures , images and videos and stored in ifps filecoin utlising web3.storage sdk.
- It also uses Chainlink for live price exchange rate between MATIC and USDT when sending Tips.
- It uses Superfluid for handling subscriptions
Challenges I ran into
I faced many challenges throughout the develpoment of the project such as
- Thinking about architechture and schema for storing various data like users, streams etc.
- I am new to blockchain so I faced many error and bugs during smart contract develpoment and had hard time integrating with frontend .
- I had to do lot of trail and error which took the majority of my time .
- The subscription flow was a little hard to think and implement but I was able to do it thanks to Superfluid sdk.
- In the front end side , I had problems like listening to events , filters , and updating the ui which i could not solve due to time constraint.
Overall this was a huge learning experience for me I learnt a lot of things about blockchain development flow , how to approach big projects and solve complex problems like user system , subscription . I was able to learn about events and filters in the last few days but could not implement it properly in the frontend.