I'm a full-stack developer with over 2 years of experience in Ruby on Rails, Django and MEAN Stack. I have an immense passion for developing apps which are useful in real life and to people. By far the most complex project I have worked was developing IRIS - a portal for the college which is all-in-one portal for the student-administration-teacher interaction which includes course registration, room allotment, placement, fee payment, room bookings, grade sheets, attendance and moodle. I worked as a Development Team Lead at IRIS. The application currently has more than active 5000 users and more than 20 modules on it.
The learnings in building applications have been immense, I have learned a lot about developing websites, maintaining the servers, about master-slave database technology, maintaining backups of the database, optimizing the most complex queries. I have also learned about handling corner cases for data loss. I personally feel most of my extreme limits have been tested and used in serving the college community.
I have also contributed to open source projects such as Secure Tea from OWASP, which sends a notification to the user's set application on intrusion detection of the PC.
I have been Alexa developer and contributed to Actions on Google, which helped me learn about serverless and lambda architecture of Google Cloud and AWS.
2) OS Simulator: Interactive Simulation of all major concepts of OS. Worked on UI (Ubuntu Theme), Inter-Process Communication, Process Synchronization, Server Architecture. Lead a team of 10 members over a period of 3 months. A working demo can be found http://uos-simulator.herokuapp.com.
3) Empact: Emotion analysis in video conferencing to give constructive feedback and insights. Implemented MEAN stack Web App with Jitsi-Meet and Microsoft Cognitive Services.
4) YouTube-Playlist: Developed a MEAN stack app for users to make public/private playlists of YouTube Videos. Google-based authentication, YouTube Video APIs(Search, Data) were used. A working demo can be found http://playutube.herokuapp.com
5) Spell-Corrector: Implemented Norvig’s spell-checker in Erlang(originally in Python). Used Concurrent Programming to improve time-efficiency. Gave good results for error up to 2 letters in a word.
6) NoteMaker: A chrome plugin to instantly create notes from any website. Used chrome APIs to update the context menu, add the selected text/image to a cloud database, notification on the addition of new notes. Developed REST APIs supporting different functionalities using Node.js, Express.
Some achievements: • Selected & Participated in InOut 6.0 - India's Biggest Community Hackathon. • Winner of Microsoft code.fun.do Junior League out of 19 teams, NITK, Surathkal, 2017-18 • Selected for Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon 2018 - Department of Space (ISRO).
Extra-Curricular Activities: • Convenor (Head) at HackVerse, NITK - National Level Hackathon of NITK, Surathkal. • Convenor (Head) at The Institution of Engineers, NITK Chapter - Managing a team of over 140 members, managing over 10 events (talks, contests, workshops), initiated weekly blog posts, internships records of members for better alumni outreach. • Development SIG Head at Web Enthusiasts’ Club NITK, Leading a team of over 30 members. Involved in conducting sessions/talks for freshers, developed website for the Club. • Open source contributor to OWASP - SecureTea Project - added Slack Bot and Telegram Bot Notification • Internship Coordinator for the year 2018-19 at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, NITK. • Website Manager for TEDxNITKSurathkal - 2019 Edition